Visit The Grow Shetland website here
Grow Shetland is our 3 year project (2021-2024) supporting the Shetland community to grow more of its own fruit and vegetables, increase access to affordable food and encourage healthy eating. It’s funded by Shetland Islands Council’s Crown Estate Fund and Highlands and Islands Enterprise.
The project will work with individuals, groups, communities and schools to create new growing spaces and take up food growing, fresh food sharing, cooking and eating. Grow Shetland services are available all across Shetland, including remote rural communities.
Whether you grow already or are wondering how to start; have a plot, or need one; have a growing group or think you’d like to set one up, Grow Shetland can:
- Help you think through your ideas
- Support you to start growing
- Support you to improve your growing
- Help you gain knowledge, skills and confidence to be productive in your growing
- Provide Shetland specific growing advice
- Signpost to services to help you find and access land for growing
- Help you think through opportunities for food sharing
- Provide information on composting and reducing food waste
- Provide volunteering opportunities with a food growing focus
If you think we can help your growing please get in touch using one of the contact forms below.
Towards the end of 2021 Grow Shetland will have its own website providing an online hub for access to Shetland specific growing information and resources.
Volunteer Grower Mentor programme
Volunteer Grower Mentors will be a key part of Grow Shetland’s knowledge sharing activities. We are looking for experienced growers who would like to share knowledge with others to help them grow more and better. If you are interested in finding out more please use the link below to get in touch. There is no obligation to take part by completing the form.
Get In Touch
Please let us know a little bit more about what help you’d like from Grow Shetland by taking 5 minutes to complete one of our contact forms:
- If you are part of an existing group/organisation, are in the process of setting up a growing group, or have an idea for a growing group click here
- If you are and individual grower, or someone who wants to start growing, click here
- If you are an experienced grower and would like to know more about the volunteer Grower Mentor programme click here